Cleaning and prevention
preventative care and education are the keys to optimal dental health. That’s why we focus on thorough exams – checking the overall health of your teeth and gums, performing oral cancer exams, and taking x-rays when necessary. We also know that routine cleanings, flossing, sealants, and fluoride are all helpful in preventing dental disease.
- Dental Exam: A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- overall oral hygiene
- Gum disease evaluation
- Oral cancer screening
- Examination of tooth decay
- Examination of existing restorations
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs)
- Professional Dental Cleaning: Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar).
- Removal of plaque
- Teeth polishing
- Dental Radiographs: Dental radiographs (x-rays) are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools that provide valuable information not visible during a regular dental exam. Dentists and dental hygienists use this information to safely and accurately detect hidden dental abnormalities and complete an accurate treatment plan.
- Oral Hygiene Aids
- fluoride Treatment